THIS CLASS IS FOR BEGINNERS ONLY
Car can be Compact, Factory Stock, Street Stock, B-Mod or Limited
Car should be built according to rules for its class.
Head restraint is highly recommended
Fire Suit, Gloves, Racing shoes, and helmet required
RaceReceivers are MANDATORY
This class will run for a trophy each night.
This is a STOCK RACE CAR. NO MODIFICATIONS TO DRIVE TRAIN.
CHEATERS – ANYTHING not covered by the following rules, Abuse of rules and creative interpretation of the rules should be checked with a tech inspector before proceeding. Any decision or questionable items about rules is up to the tech inspector and his or her decisions are final.
All drivers must use a RaceReceiver.
This is for the scoring tower to put you back into your correct
position. We will give you the frequency.
You may NOT use a two-way communication device of ANY KIND.
SUSPENSION/BRAKES – Stock OEM parts must match make and year model. No shortening or lengthening of any suspension.
BODY/CHASSIS: FWD or RWD 4 & 6 cylinder. No convertibles or 2 seat sport cars allowed. Hood, trunk, lid, and hatch must be securely welded or bolted or chained shut. ALL glass - exterior lights, chrome, plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed. Dash may be removed, but can remain. Car number must be minimum 4" thick and 20" tall and visible on both sides of the car and top if possible. If car has a sun roof it must be covered properly.
ENGINE: 4 or 6 cylinder only
GM no bigger than a 3.1 Liter
Ford no bigger than a 3.0 Liter
Chrysler no bigger than a 3.0 Liter
Import no bigger than a 3.0 Liter
WEIGHT: 2200 MINIMUM FOR 4 CYLINDERS 2600 MINIMUM FOR 6 CYLINDER
*COMPUTER MUST BE STOCK.
Must use OEM crank, rod,value size, stroke, etc. No high performance or sport car engines of any kind. No turbo charged, super charged, rotary engines of any type. After market radiator okay. Stock exhaust
Headers ARE OK. Stock air box only.
TRANSMISSION: Must use OEM, unaltered transmission that came in year, make and model of car used. All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
TIRES – FRONT MINIMUM 6" WIDE. After market wheels okay. Any racing tire - NO mud grips.
BUMPERS/RUB RAILS: Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location, welded, chained or cabled to frame. Front and rear tow hooks mandatory. OEM bumper covers should remain. May have one horizontal bar – maximum 1.75 inch OD - tying front frame horns together ahead of radiator. One additional maximum one-inch OD bar may be added for radiator protection; must be behind bumper, within confines of body, no wider than OEM frame horns. Maximum one inch wide by two-inch tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed - bolted flush to body. No sharp edges allowed on bumpers, rub rails or bolts. No bars past outside edge of body other than rub rails.
GETTING YOU CAR READY CHECKLIST:
1. REMOVE ALL GLASS
2. REMOVE HEADLIGHTS
3. REMOVE TAIL LIGHTS
4. REMOVE ALL INTERIOR
5. REMOVE HOOD LATCH/ REMOVE INSULATION UNDER HOOD IT WILL BURN
6. REMOVE TRUNK LATCH AND BREAK TENSION BAR SO TRUNK STAYS CLOSED BY OWN WEIGHT
7. MUST HAVE RACING SEAT
8. YOU CAN MOVE BATTERY INTO PASSENGER COMPARTMENT WITH BATTERY BOX FOR YOUR PROTECTION.
9. TAKE HUB CAPS OFF AND PAINT RIMS
10. ADD A TOW CHAIN TO FRONT AND BACK BUMPERS. THIS IS MANDATORY
11. PAINT CAR
12. ADD YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER
13. HELMET REQUIRED/ NO OPEN FACE
14. RACING SUIT REQUIRED
15. WINDOW NETS AND SEAT BELTS MANDATORY.
15. ROLL CAGE MANDATORY. MINIMUM 1 ½ “.0965. MUST HAVE FOUR DOOR BARS ON DRIVERS SIDE. DRIVER DOOR MAY BE HULLED OUT TO ACCOMMODATE DOOR BARS.
Protest and Claims rules apply in Factory Stock
BODY: Any American made stock passenger car body on a stock unaltered full frame, or Chrysler & Ford uni-bodies. No front wheel drives. Stock appearing aftermarket plastic nose or tail pieces are allowed. Rear of car must be sealed off, no exposed fuel cell. Bodies cannot be moved from the original body mount rubber bushing no more than +/- 1”cannot be less than 5 ½ “ from ground. A front visor is allowed on the windshield area MAX 7 inches. No side or rear window visors allowed. Side windows MUST be open. Sunroofs and T-tops must be reinforced and enclosed. No nerf bars. Maximum one inch wide by two-inch-tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. All glass, plastic, upholstery, lights, mirrors, and trim must be removed. Cars must be stock appearing. No cutting, channeling, shortening, or modifying of body is allowed. No excessive trimming of fenders or hoods allowed, must maintain stock OEM appearance. All doors, fenders, and window openings must remain stock appearing and OEM dimensions and be the same on both sides. No straight slab sides. No enclosed interiors, or decking allowed. Original OEM front and rear firewalls must remain in stock location and be full and complete. Cars must have a complete stock steel roof mounted in OEM location and OEM rake and angle for model. All openings should be covered as to isolate the driver, subject to track approval. Race car body should be maintained in such a manner as to keep a presentable appearance. If ANY non-OEM body parts are used, MUST add 50 pounds in front of the water pump. Must have a 2 inch drop from rear window to tail piece.
FRAME: Frame must be full and complete. Cannot be Widened, Narrowed, Shortened, Lengthened, or be Cut, Bent, or Altered to change Suspension Brackets. Rear of frame behind upper shock mounts may be replaced with round, square, or rectangular tubing. Cannot narrow right rear frame for tire clearance. No frame alterations allowed. All Bars forward of cage must be lower than the hood.
BUMPERS: stock type rear bumper required, a fabricated front bumper may be used with the following conditions: cars (with aftermarket nose pieces)-the bumper may extend cars without nose pieces – the bumper may not extend past front frame horns. NO SHARP EDGES
ROLL CAGE: Minimum four-point cage, minimum size 1 ½ “O.D.by .095” wall thickness. Minimum three bars in driver’s side door, and two bars on passenger side door (three bars if passenger in car). Four-point quick release seat belt and harness required for driver and passenger. Racing seats required. Must have window nets and fire suit for driver and passenger. Must have at least three bars in front of driver and passenger in windshield area. Door Plate recommended.
ENGINE: Must be stock for the make and model except no 400’s or larger small or big blocks. Cast piston only, must use 4 equal valve relief pistons. OEM crankshaft only- cannot be lightened. No arrowing, bullnose, knife edge, undercut or drilling of second or third rod throws. OEM steel connecting rods only must remain stock OEM length, weight and shape. No lightening of any parts. Aftermarket water pump, mini starter, pulleys, harmonic balancer and oil pans okay. Aftermarket power-steering pumps okay. NO stroking or de-stroking. Engine must be in stock location. Solid motor and transmission mounts okay. Maximum cranking compression 175 lbs. (ignition off, engine turned over 5 times). Oil pans must have at least 1” inspection hole.
CAMSHAFT, VALVETRAIN, AND CYLINDER HEADS: Hydraulic cam and flat tappet lifters only. .447 maximum lift. Vacuum port on Intake Mandatory. Must maintain 14” of vacuum at 1200 rpm. 1.94 maximum intake valve diameter, 1.50 maximum exhaust valve diameter on Chevrolet engines. No hollow valve stems. Stock size and shape valve springs and retainers. Stock length and diameter pushrods only. Stamped steel 1.5 rockers on Chevy, 1.6 on Ford and Chrysler, NO roller tips. Open chambered heads only, must be unaltered, OEM NO porting, polishing, or gasket matching allowed. The only GM head numbers allowed are 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339X, 3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X, 3973493, 3951598, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993, 3998997, and 3970126. Screw in studs and guide plates ok. 305 engines may use 305 heads (no vortec).
CARBURETION AND FUEL SYSTEM: Cast Holley 4412 – 2 barrel only. Must be unaltered. Choke plate may be removed. 4412 must be cast into choke horn of carb. Maximum spacer and adapter 1” combined total. Fuel pump must be in stock location for make, NO electric pumps or fuel injection even if factory equipped.
EXHAUST: Manifold’s or Headers allowed
INTAKE MANIFOLD: Stock OEM unaltered aluminum or cast-iron intake only. No aftermarket or stock high performance or high rise. No bowties. No porting, polishing, cutting or gasket matching. Low rise Aluminum Dual plane Intake allowed.
TRANSMISSIONS: Any stock type automatic or manual. Automatics must have stock appearing working 11” torque converter cannot be smaller with ring around it. No direct drives. Transmission Cooler ok. Manual must have single disc 10.5” clutch, flywheel and pressure plate must be steel, minimum 15 lb. steel flywheel. No mini clutches. Steel drive shafts only must be painted white and have a loop 6” from front u-joint.
FUEL: Pump or racing gas only. Fuel cell must be secured in trunk any part of fuel cell cannot be forward of any part of rear end.
SUSPENSION: Front and rear suspension must be stock unaltered OEM for that make and model of frame, ball joints, spindles and all components. No air shocks. No alterations to any part of the suspension or frame will be allowed. Any spring in stock location no spring rubbers, no adjustable weight jacks of any kind, must sit in unaltered stock mounts. May run IMCA type upper control arms. Sway bars must be stock for make and model mounted in OEM mounts. No suspension stops of any kind. Shocks must have stock type rubber ends, no screw on type rod ends even if welded, must be mounted in stock location on frame, control arm and rear-end. NO Spacers of ANY kind. No bulb-type, threaded body, coil-over, or remote reservoir shocks. No external or internal bumpers or stops no Schrader valves on shocks.
BALL JOINTS: May run aftermarket ball joints but must be stock OEM dimensions. Rebuildable ball joints ok.
REAR END: Stock rear-end for make and model no modifying axle bearings or length. All brackets and control arm, shock mounts must be in stock location. Gears may be locked. NO Detroit lockers or torque sensing devises. 9” Ford rear-end, and floater are ok.
STEERING/DRIVER SEAT: Steering boxes must remain in stock location. Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release steering coupling are recommended. Quick steer boxes allowed. NO part of driver seat may be any further back than 25” forward center line of rear end housing.
RADIATORS: Any (1) radiator that fits in original location without any body modifications is allowed. Water pump mounted fans only, No electric fans.
IGNITION: One 12-volt battery only must be mounted securely in rear of driver’s compartment or trunk area. One stock type distributor, module and coil in stock location only. Ignitions on/off switch must be clearly marked. NO traction control devices of any kind.
BRAKES: May use any (1) one master cylinder. Aftermarket pedal OK. Must have at least 3 working brakes. Right front may be blocked. No bias adjustment is allowed. Disc brakes allowed in rear. No aluminum or composite rotors or calipers. Must use steel stock type rotors on rear disc. No lighting of components.
TIRES AND WHEELS: 8” maximum wide wheels allowed, 15” diameter steel wheels only, wheel covers, mud plugs, bead locks, allowed. NO bleed-off valves. Must run 1” steel lug nuts. Approved Hoosier asphalt pull-offs only 1070, F45, F50, F56, F40’s. Must durometer 51 or higher. No grooving, sipping, or softening allowed.
WEIGHT: Weight may be securely added in trunk or under the hood ONLY, but not in plain view or within the driver’s compartment must be painted white with car number. Car must weigh minimum 3,000 lbs. with driver after race.
COURTSEY RULE: Any car with “minor” rule infractions will be allowed to race (1) event. Must be determined before the race. Cars with infractions are subject to weight penalty.
We WILL allow 602 crate engines with the Holley 2-barrel carb 500 cfm, motor must have seals.
Cars that run headers, must have 36" of 2" pipe on each side
Cars that run 9" rear ends including floaters, must have brackets in stock location.
If you have any questions about stock location, contact tech man.
We will use Claim and Protest Rules. (See General Rules for full explanation)
We will follow CRUSA Street Stock rules.
This class is designed to run very economically –
BODY – Can
run MODIFIED OR LIMITED CAR
FUEL - PUMP GAS OR RACING GAS
SAFETY – Must have all safety equipment – This is Mandatory.
A. Racing fire suit and helmet required
B. Racing seat required
C. Five (5) point hookup and seat belt
D. Fire extinguisher, fuel cell
E. Window net or arm restraint
F. Metal plate 1/16” thick on drivers side
THESE ARE THE 3 THINGS WE ARE GOING TO TECH
1. STOCK 500 4412 HOLLEY- 2 BARREL CARBURETOR ONLY, MAY REMOVE CHOKE PLATE
2. ASPHALT PULL OFFS - NO GROOVING
3. WEIGHT : MODIFIED - 2,400 LBS.
LIMITED - 2,300 LBS.
We will be running CRUSA Crate Late Model rules
however, we will NOT be Sanctioned.
General Rules (Apply to ALL drivers in ALL Classes)
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The Tech Official shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1 - Race Receivers are
MANDATORY in all classes. They are used to line cars back up following a
caution. If you do not have one, you will not be allowed on the track. The
scorer will direct you no more than three times to get into your position. If you cannot line up within that time frame
you will be asked to go to the rear or exit the race track.
Two-way Communication devices of ANY KIND are NOT ALLOWED and will result in automatic disqualification.
2 – We will be running Transponders in the 2019 Season. You can rent one at the track, or you may purchase one of your own and provide Registration Team with your Transponder number so that we can add you to the system and have you properly scored.
3 – Car Numbers – MUST be a minimum of 18 inches tall, placed on each side of the car and on the roof. Must be legible from the Tower.
4 – ANYTHING not covered by the rules, abuse of the rules or creative interpretation of the rules should be checked with the Tech Official. If it does not say that you can do something, do NOT do it.
5 - Window Nets/ arm restraints are mandatory in all regular classes. This is a Safety rule. It is of no benefit to anyone other than our drivers. Safety is top priority in all classes.
6 - NO SPEEDING IN THE PITS – This applies to all persons in the pits. This includes race cars, 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, side by sides and all types of pit vehicles.
7 - The flagman will start all races, no cone, no line. Stay nose to tail, when you see the green flag or green light you are racing. Leaders must maintain a reasonable pace until we go green. Pay attention to the lights, if the lights are off you will be getting the green.
8 – TECH - The number of cars going to tech after each race will be posted on the line-up for that race and announced during the Drivers Meeting. If you go to the pits before going to tech you will be disqualified from that race. If you are not sure where you finished go to tech anyway.
9 – PROTEST RULES - Any driver in the same race on the lead lap may protest another car immediately after the feature in the Tech area. $ 250.00 cash per component. $ 50.00 to the track, if legal, protested car gets $ 200.00 if illegal protester gets $ 200.00 back. If parts are found illegal, or if driver refuses to submit to protest, it will result in forfeiture of all cash and points earned in feature. Driver may not protest another driver finishing in a position behind them and may not protest same driver more than once per calendar year. Refusal of protest – 1st time = 2-week suspension from racing at Chatham Speedway. 2nd time = 4-week suspension from racing at Chatham Speedway. 3rd time = suspension from racing at Chatham Speedway for 365 calendar days.
RAIN OUT POLICY
If all heat races have been run we will call it a show and pay our starting money. All drivers will receive their heat race points and last place points. If all heat races are not run, Keep your pit pass or general admission ticket stub. You may use the armband or stub to get in free at one of the regular Saturday Night shows in the next 2 weeks.
ALL DRIVERS MUST UNDERSTAND FLAGS AND WHAT THEY REPRESENT. FAILURE TO OBEY FLAGS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR THAT RACE. FAILURE TO SEE THE FLAG WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AN EXCUSE. FLAGMAN HAS COMPLETE CONTROL OF CARS WHILE THE RACE IS GOING ON. HIS DECISION IS FINAL!
1. If the "YELLOW" flag comes out before the completion of turn 4 of the first lap, there will be a complete restart. ANY car causing a caution will go to the REAR! NOT on First Lap, but a caution will be charged.
2. If a lap has been completed and the "CAUTION" comes out, cars will restart Diamond Start.
3. All cars will be lined up on restarts using the last completed lap order.
4. If a car drops out of the race, the cars directly behind will be moved up accordingly.
5. If the "RED" flag is thrown, all cars must come to a complete stop on the track. Any car not stopping will be disqualified. Drivers must stay in the car. NO adjusting on the car will be allowed.
6. Any car leaving the track under "ANY" flag conditions during the heat race will not be allowed back on the track for that race.
7. You may EXIT the track under "YELLOW" flag conditions during the feature race and will go to the rear if the race has not already resumed, to fix a flat in the flat area. In the event that the race has resumed, the Pit Steward will not allow you back onto the track.
8. The "BLACK" flag means to get off the track IMMEDIATELY. There will be no disputing the "BLACK" flag. You will be disqualified for that race. If you are black flagged for rough driving or unsportsmanlike conduct in the feature race, you will be issued NO points and No money.
9. Driver must remain in the car while under "ANY" flag conditions. If the driver exits the vehicle at any time, other than for safety concerns, the driver will be out of the race.
10. A driver who has been disqualified from the "TECH" area will not receive any pay or points for the night.
1. Window nets or arm restraints are required. NO rear view mirrors.
2. All drivers must wear a racing approved Fire Suit and Helmet.
3. All cars must have an approved fire extinguisher securely mounted within reach of the driver. A release type bracket must be used to secure the extinguisher.
4. All drive shafts must be painted white and have a safety loop.
5. Batteries must be securely fastened. No tie straps or bungee cords allowed.
6. All ballast weights must be painted white and securely attached to chassis by use of bolts. NO WIRE OR CABLE TIES, ETC
1. All cars must be in the pit area and registered with judges or you will start in the rear.
2. No car will be allowed to run 2 classes the same night, except beginners - NOT the same driver.
3. Start positions for the heat race will be determined by draw in all classes.
4. You will only be eligible to race in the heat race assigned to you.
5. Feature line-ups will be determined for heat finishes.
6. Rough driving will not be tolerated. the "BLACK" flag will be used at the flagman's discretion.
7. Any car causing (2) yellows must leave the track. That car will still be awarded points and or money for that race.
8. Any driver that refuses to conform to the restart line-up will be placed one lap down and the race will be restarted regardless of position he is in at the time. This will be considered a delay of the race and will not be tolerated.
9. Every effort will be made to restart and complete every race. However, a thirty (30) minute time limit will be placed on each feature race.
10. Any car leaving the track during the heat race will not be allowed to return. No flat changing during heat race.
11. Flat changing may be made in the designated area only during feature "CAUTIONS". On special events cars may return to the track and take the rear position only if the YELLOW is still out. If the race has restarted you cannot re-enter the track.
12. The top 3 cars will report to the tech area immediately following the feature race.
13. NO car will be allowed to continue the race with oil or fuel leaking from the car.
14. No car will be allowed to race if the car is smoking excessively or impairing the vision of the other drivers.
15. Tech officials will reserve the right to tech any car, at any time, on any given night.
16. Any car causing a caution will go to the rear!
17. Scanner: All drivers must use a scanner. This is for the scoring tower to put you back into your right position. You may not use a 2-way communication scanner. We will give you the frequency.